top of page

LTO Land Transportation Office PH

Renewal of Philippine Driver's License for Filipinos Abroad

Apply by mail or through an authorized Representative in the Philippines. Philippine driver's licenses cannot be renewed in Australia.

Applicants must send by mail or courier or have delivered by their Representative to the Land Transportation office in the Philippines the following:

  1. Photocopies of Passport (first page, visa-page & pages indicating the date of last departure from the Philippines & date of last arrival overseas)

  2. Letter of Authority to authorized representative to renew your license

  3. Photocopy of driver's license and driver's license receipt (DLR), (if applicable)

The above documents must be submitted to either the LTO, License Section Central Office (within the National Capital Region) or to any LTO District Offices / Licensing Centers (Outside Metro Manila).

The driver's license shall be validated by issuing a driver's receipt (DLR) which will serve as temporary driver's license (TDL).


Professional            Php 350.00
Non-Professional    Php 350.00


Expired for less than one (1) year:            Php 75.00
Expired for one (1) to less than (2) years: Php 150.00
Expired for two (2) years and more:          Php 225.00

On your return to the Philippines you must present yourself within (30) days at the LTO Office that renewed your license whilst you were overseas to have the license updated for general usage in the Philippines.

Applying NSW Driver's License Using Only a Copy of PH Driver's License (if plastic card is not yet available in PH)

If your Driver' License (plastic) is not yet available and the NSW Transport didn't not accept it and requires you a proof/authenticity of your PH Driver's License, you must follow this:

1. Look for a representative in PHL to request your LTO certification on your behalf to the LTO Land Transportation Office.

2. Provide/send them an authorization letter/SPA indicating ("to file and collect") together with your any valid PH government ID , PH passport if possible.

3. Your representative will process/request your LTO certificate, and claim it.

4. He/she must go to DFA Department of Foreign Affairs to have it Apostilled. DFA will provide an Apostille certificate on top of your LTO certificate.

5. Then your representative will send it to you (original copies) here in Australia via any courier on your choice directly on your address.

6. Apostilled LTO certificate may suffice and you can submit it directly to NSW Transport.


Incase, some NSW Transport offices will not accept that Apostilled LTO certificate. Just go here at Philippine Consulate in Sydney and we will provide you a letter/certificate.

bottom of page